Farm Fresh Breakfast Scramble
swiss chard from Johnson's Backyard Garden (Austin Farmers' Market on Wed/Sat or CSA) or spinach from Animal Farm (Austin Farmers' Market on Wed/Sat)
clove of garlic (minced) from Milagro Farm (Austin Farmers' Market on Wed/Sat)
June's Joy goat cheese from Pure Luck (Wheatsville)
purple basil from our garden
pastured eggs from Milagro Farm (Austin Farmers' Market on Wed/Sat)
tomatoes from Fredericksburg (Wheatsville)
olive oil from Texas Olive Ranch (Austin Farmers' Market on Saturday)
salt and pepper
1. Start by adding a little olive oil and garlic to a hot pan.
2. Saute the swiss chard until wilted but still bright green
3. Add the tomatoes, then remove tomatoes & chard
4. Scramble 2-3 eggs with salt and pepper and add to the pan.
*Remember to not over cook the eggs - a minute or two is plenty.
5. Combine eggs with tomatoes and chard, add basil and crumbled goat cheese.
Serve with local potatoes or Texas French Bread,
Texas Daily Harvest butter and local jam.
Other variations include Thunderheart Bison's ground bison (available at Wheatsville in the freezer case or Austin Farmers' Market on Saturday) with chopped potatoes, onions and peppers from Johnson's Backyard Garden (Austin Farmers' Market on Wednesday or Saturday or CSA membership)