This is one our favorite recipes to make on a weeknight. It is quick, healthy and requires hardly any cleanup.
Trout and Steamed Root Vegetables in Parchment Packets
Recommended ingredients...raid your fridge!
trout or salmon, (we got ours from Quality Seafood)
meyer lemons, South Texas lemons available at
purple cauliflower, broccoli, beet greens, turnips, kohlrabi, Johnson's Backyard Garden at Austin Farmers' Market on Wednesdays or Saturdays and CSA membership
olive oil, Texas Olive ranch
salt and pepper
sorrel, thyme and oregano, our garden
parchment paper, I like the unbleached kind at Wheatsville
1. Preheat your oven to 375.
2. Rinse and chop your vegetables so that they are all a similar size.
4. Add a piece of parchment paper for each fillet onto a baking sheet.
5. Add the vegetables on top of the fish and wrap up the parchment as if you were wrapping a piece of candy.
6. Bake for 30 minutes and be careful when opening the packets so that the steam doesn't burn you!