Gluten and Dairy Free Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins
Gluten and Dairy Free Maple Pumpkin Pecan Muffins
1. Preheat the oven to 350.
2. Spray/coat a muffin tin, loaf tin or mini loaf tin with canola oil
3. Mix/Sift the following dry ingredients to a large bowl.
1 1/2 cups brown rice flour (Wheatsville Central Market)
1 1/2 cups quinoa flour (Wheatsville or Central Market)
2 tsp freshly ground cinnamon (use a cinnamon stick and microplane grater)
2 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
1 tsp baking soda (Bob's Red Mill)
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
4. In your mixer bowl, beat 2 eggs until foamy.
5. Mix the following wet ingredients.
1/3 cup grapeseed oil
3/4 cup vanilla cultured coconut milk (with probiotics) or yogurt
1/3 cup vanilla almond milk
1/4 of a vanilla bean (cut in half and then scrape seeds out with a paring knife)
2 1/2 cups finely grated zucchini (about one large zucchini) - (Available at ALL farmers' markets and you may even have an abundance of them in your garden!!!)
**you can grate extra and freeze it in small bags to make muffins
6. Fold zucchini into the wet mixture, then add dry ingredients.
7. Add 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional) and 1/2 - 1 cup chocolate chips or chunks. We used dairy and gluten free chocolate chips.
8. Spoon batter into loaf pan(s) or muffin tins until they are 3/4 full and bake for 45 minutes.
9. Let cool before removing or cutting.
Gluten and Dairy Free Maple Pumpkin Pecan Variation: Replace the vanilla coconut milk with canned pumpkin and use REAL maple syrup instead of honey. Sprinkle a mixture of 1/2 cup of finely chopped pecans, brown sugar, raw granulated sugar and a little bit of maple syrup. It adds a sweet crunchy topping to the muffin.