Sunday, March 20, 2011

Notes from the Garden...

Although I've been busy in the garden and doing a little Hill Country travel with my family instead of spending much time in kitchen lately, I still wanted to share some of the recipes I've come across during the last few days that I am eager to try. 


A lamb resting in the grass at LBJ Ranch
Everything in our garden has really started to take off. I'm looking forward to all of the new veggies and fruit that will be showing up a the farmers' market in the next few months. 


The citrus from G & S Groves we've been getting in our Johnson's Backyard Garden CSA box has been AMAZING. I look forward to using it in recipes...but so far it hasn't lasted long enough. Clay juices his slices and we slice ours up at breakfast or just for a snack. The oranges and grapefruits are sweet and juicy. 


We are really enjoying picking our dinner straight out of our garden. Our hope is that we won't even have to depend on a CSA box this summer to feed us and we can shop at the farmers' market for special items like honey or veggies or fruit that we don't have in our own garden. 


Spicy Orange Swiss Chard
End of Winter Salads
Cumin Lime Carrots
60 Day Salad (a good resource for what to plant as well!)
Roasted Red Beet Hummus



No comments:

Post a Comment