|Our Weekend Harvest|
So...if you are in the same predicament we are, here are a few ideas.
**Don't forget to use gloves or wash your hands thoroughly when handling hot peppers!
1. Freeze them in small portions (make sure they are pre-sliced, labeled with the type of pepper, heat and date) and use them in chili, gumbo, soup, etc. for those cold winter months.
2. Pickle them and give them as give them as holiday gifts (love that red and green combo) or keep them for yourself to enjoy until the next pepper season.
3. Dry them and use the seeds in recipes or just as decoration for your kitchen.
3. Make pepper infused oils.
4. Infuse a bottle of Tito's Vodka with your favorite peppers for a week or two then add it to your favorite bloody mary recipe. Add an olive, a few pickled green beans and a slice of sausage on a toothpick and set it on the rim of the glass. (We have our friends Scott & Liz to thank for this idea!!!)